Job Opening for a Faculty Position at the Institute of Advanced Energy, Kyoto University
Kyoto University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in the fields of energy science in the laboratory for Complex Energy Processes. the Institute of Advanced Energy.
1. Job Title and Number of Positions:
Assistant Professor, 1 Position.
A successful candidate will be offered a seven-year contract. No further appointment will be offered after the initial contract expires.
3. Job Descriptions:
Plasma physics research on exploring the self-sustained structure formation for fusion energy generation
4. Starting Date:
Preferably as soon as possible.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in relevant research fields at the time of appointment.
6. Working Conditions:
Working hours: Seven hours and 45 minutes per day, 38 hours 45 minutes per week under a discretionary work system.
Holidays: Weekends, National holidays, Year-end and New Year holidays, the University Foundation Day (June 18th), and summer vacation.
7. Salary and benefits:
To be determined in accordance with the Kyoto University regulations.
8. Social Insurance:
Eligible for MEXT* mutual aid association membership, employees' pensions, employment insurance, and workers' compensation insurance.
* Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
9. Probation period:
10. Selection Method:
Application review and interview if necessary.
No travel expenses for interviewees would be provided. Online interview may be arranged for foreign applicants when needed.
11. Documents to Submit:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (including your email address as contact information and the date when the candidate is available to start work. When writing CV in Japanese, candidates can use JIS Standard Japanese Resume
(2)-List of publications: Classify them into the following categories; original papers, books, reviews, international conference proceedings, patents and others.
- List of research grants: Name, amount, sponsor, and period of each grant and applicant’s role of each research.
- List of social activities: Memberships and roles in academic societies and social out-reach activities, if any.
(3) Summary of research achievements categorized by theme (approx. 1000 characters in Japanese, or 500 words in English, figures can be included)
(4) Research plans (approx. 1000 characters in Japanese, or 500 words in English, figures can be included)
(5) Letter of recommendation or contact information for up to two references (name(s) and affiliation(s) should be included)
(6) Up to three major papers’ offprints should be attached.
The style of documents is free-format excluding Curriculum Vitae.
The deadline for receipt of applications is June 24th, 2022.
13. Applications Submission:
Application documents described in 11. (1) - (6) should be prepared as a single pdf file and compressed as zip files. The prepared documents should be submitted via JREC-IN Portal Web.
Prof. Shigeru Inagaki, Institute of Advanced Energy, Kyoto University
E-mail: s-inagaki*iae.kyoto-u.ac.jp (please replace * with @) Phone: +81-774-38-3484
Kyoto University promotes gender equality. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. In line with our gender equality strategy, we will give priority to female candidates if they have equal competence based on fair selection.
Ladies break rooms and a nursing room are set up on Uji campus to create a comfortable environment to maintain the balance between work and childcare.
To prevent passive smoking, Kyoto University prohibits smoking indoors and outdoors on all campuses except in the designated smoking areas.
For more information on the Institute of Advanced Energy, please visit the website (http://www.iae.kyotou. ac.jp).
IIn accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, application documents will be used for recruitment purposes only. The personal information collected in the course of recruitment process will not be disclosed to any third party without a valid reason.