Accomodation and travel
- ----------------- Accomadation -----------------
The organizing committee have reserved the following hotel for all invited speakers. If the other participants including students do not contact us to stay at the hotel before 6th of September, we really appreciate it if you would find your hotel by yourself because the room at the hotel we prepared is already full.
* 10% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel after 28th of September.
* 20% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel after 14th of October.
* 30% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel after 19th of October.
* 50% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel after 25th of October.
* 80% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel on 28th of October.
Hotel: EL Inn Kyoto (Link)
- Access from bus stop at Kyoto station (~1 minutes):
The hotel is just in front of an airport limousin bus stop ( See the Travel information).
- Access from JR Kyoto station (~5 minutes):
1. Go out Kyoto station through Hachijo East Exit(八条東口) in the south.
2. Turn left, and walk along Kyoto station in the east.
3. After around 2 minutes walk, find red brick decorated (赤煉瓦調) building.
----------------- Travel information -----------------
From Kansai International Airport (KIX) to Kyoto station (~80 minutes ride)
We arrange our students at the Kansai International airport to escort you to an airport limousine bus from the airport to Kyoto Station on 28th (Sun.). It cost 4,180 JPY for round-trip (Valid for 14 days), or 2,550 JPY for one-way trip. The hotel (EL INN Kyoto) is just in front of the bus stop at Kyoto station.
Please find the guys with purple flag at the exit gate of the airport
For participants who flight another day
We are sorry we do NOT arrange our students at the airport on 27th, 29th, or 30th. We recommend you to use the same airport limousine bus in the following link. Please take off at Kyoto station stop, 2nd stop (Timetable). You can also use railway (Limited Express Haruka) from the airport to Kyoto station. Please check here for more information.
From Kyoto station to Obaku station (~20 minutes ride)
We would escort you from the hotel to Kyoto University in the morning on 29th (Mon.). Please come to lobby of the EL Inn Kyoto hotel at 8:00 AM on 29th (Mon.).
1. In Kyoto station, go to platforms 8, 9 and 10, and get on Local train for Nara, Joyo, or Uji. (Noted that Rapid, Regional Rapid, and Miyakoji Rapid trains do NOT stop at Obaku station).
Route , Timetable
2. After about 20 minutes ride, get off the train at JR Obaku (D08, 黄檗) station.
Platforms 8, 9, 10 at Kyoto station
From Obaku station to Uji Campus, Kyoto University (~5 minutes walk)
Turn right after ticket gate at Obaku station
Walk through narrow road
Walk along the railway tracks
Cross the railway crossing in the right side
Walk along the road
Turn right (If you turn left, you will find convenience store)
Walk along the road
Go straightforward, then you will find the venue
Welcome to the symposium